ACCESSIBLE TO ALL ETW PARTICIPANTS, ENERGY TRADING MARKETS WILL TAKE PLACE ON-STAGE IN THE EXHIBITION HALL, HELPING ENERGY TRADING PROFESSIONALS KEEP UP WITH KEY DEVELOPMENTS AFFECTING THE ENERGY SECTOR CURRENTLY AND IN THE YEARS TO COME, FEATURING KEY TOPICS INCLUDING:
• Post-covid introspection: Is energy trading in 2021 different from what it was in 2019?
• What can we expect to see as a result of Brexit?
• European vs UK market design
• Key learnings from the pandemic experience
• Decarbonisation: How can we do better?
• Decentralisation: Local markets and beyond
• Digitalisation: Which new technologies should we feel excited about?
• What are the impacts and developments in the UK and Europe post-Brexit and Covid?
• The future view for energy trading
• Exploring wider areas and regions of interest for traders
• Ongoing Covid limitations and incorporation into the trading floor; expansion of virtual markets
• Traditionals and transitionals: Where do they fit in today’s markets?
- Considering Oil, Gas, Nuclear, Coal’s paths in the years ahead
- Fuels; oils, gasolene, marine and aviation fuels
• Renewables and alternatives: How are they shaping tomorrow’s markets
- Generated energy
- Carbon credits
- ESG consequentials
- Clean/low-carbon Fuels
• A deeper look into renewable fuel global trade, supply and demand dynamics
• The role of woodchips and other organic waste
• How does the global Ethanol trade look post covid and in the Biden era?
• What are the greatest trading opportunities arising from the ESG revolution?
• Leveraging new trading tech to factor in ESG exposure and risk
• An overview of the ESG linked trading products and where they might best fit in your portfolio
• What opportunities and risks exist to the obtaining and trading of allowances?
• What new products are emerging from this greener environment?
• A look into future developments of UK and EU carbon pricing
• What are the key opportunities within PPA trading markets? Where are they located? Is there open access availability?
• PPAs management, pricing and new clearing solutions
• Using PPAs as a tool to manage risks and finance energy transition
• What is the relationship between the PPA and the wholesale markets in terms of price, baseload and indexing?
• What are the implications of integrating renewable energy players in wholesale markets?
• Energy Storage and Gas Balancing markets
• Is this a crossover disrupter? Is it a new product opportunity: energy and multi-industry development combined
• Potential and technical advances of energy storage systems
• Ensuring resilience and reliability of power networks
• Utilising new technologies to support long term decarbonisation
• Flexibility and new technologies
• Technical solutions to unlock flexibility from the renewables
• Which are the most successful and notable flex markets so far?
• Traders views on the road to zero-carbon economy
• How markets can facilitate energy transition
• Which national markets are standing out, and what can we learn from them?
• Application of the UK’s Ten Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution - What will it look like?
• What opportunities are developing for now and in the future?
• What physical infrastructure challenges and solutions exist to make hydrogen a genuine market opportunity?
• Co-existence of renewable energy and hydrogen – are they really totally interdependent? • How will energy pricing change as a result of hydrogen?
• Where do hybrid contracts sit in the transitional energy space?
• Does this model fit the trading of biomass, biomethane, helium, hydrogen, and similar trading?
• Is it yet possible to create a standardised Hydrogen trade?
• Is there really an opportunity for market growth? Where are the customers?
• What arbitrage opportunities exist today? If none, what can be done now to make this happen?
• How do you collaborate well? Reaching back office, IT and trading symbiosis
• How do you manage failure and success? How to change your ways to make it a strength each time
• Improving decision-making in all areas of trading