THE ESG AND PATH TO NET ZERO WEBINAR SERIES WILL TAKE PLACE ON 29-30 JUNE, AHEAD OF THE NET ZERO FORUM WE ORGANISE IN SEPTEMBER AS PART OF THE ENERGY TRADING WEEK EVENT
Most companies are now integrating environmental goals, and more globally ESG objectives, into their overall growth strategy
The energy and commodity trading sectors are no different – and rightly so, as there is now a clear business incentive
The ESG and Path to Net Zero will touch on the carbon market developments, the green energies of the future, sustainable finance, as well as the technologies that can help companies reach ESG and energy transition objectives.
THIS WEBINAR SERIES HAS BEEN DEVELOPED FOR A GLOBAL AUDIENCE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
Are the high prices and geopolitics context redistributing the cards? In this session the panel will look at:
• Challenges and opportunities arising from current price signals in energy and carbon markets
• Drivers behind the shift towards renewables
• Functioning of power and gas markets and their role in energy transition
• Policy intervention and impact on markets
• What a green market will look like
• What are the system requirements to incorporate carbon footprint?
• Reporting: How can technology help?
• How do we achieve more sensing and more data?
• How can trading systems support the move towards more renewable products?
• Is standardisation possible across the board? Voluntary vs non voluntary schemes
• Overcoming measurement issues
• Distinguishing direct and indirect emissions
• What’s the future of carbon markets with sustained high prices?
• Is carbon emulating? A look at plastic markets
• How are your investors looking at your business? What pressures do they get and pass on?
• What are the ESG requirements at European level?
• Indicators and metrics: Is standardisation possible?
Director Enterprise Architecture
Strategy & Business Development
Founder & CEO
Trade Finance Global
co-founder – director
Climate Neutral Commodity
Head of Southern Europe Origination
Centrica Energy Marketing & Trading
President of Wista Switzerland; Associate General Counsel EMEA
Head of Trading and Execution
Head of Regulatory Affairs
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Executive Vice Chair of the Board
Boson Energy SA
Head of Commercial Capabilities
Director - Alternate Distribution & Sustainable Trade Finance
Content Lead - Energy & Commodities