COVERING ALL ASPECTS OF THE ENERGY TRANSITION, INCLUDING:
• Wholesale gas price signals key to achieve “physical balance"
- Supply to Europe ramped up rapidly (diverted from other regions)
- Gas prices causing significant demand reduction
• Tight LNG supply driving correlation of gas indices globally
- Additional LNG demand from Europe results in tight market
- Gas price indices globally increasingly ‘converging
• A look at the past 12 months price trends: Opportunities and struggles for the front office
• From an operational perspective: What has the tightness of prices revealed? Best practices around collateral management, risk management and settlement
• Technology: What can be done to unburden other departments?
• Price caps and governments intervention: What impact for the markets? How do we restore confidence in trading?
• Do we see a shift back to fossil due to the price situation?
How can security of supply be maintained in the context of sanctions on Russian gas?
- Does Europe have any alternatives to reliance on Russian gas?
- Is LNG the solution?
- Does gas still have a role to play in the energy transition?
• What might some of the long term implications be for energy markets from current high gas prices?
• Is standardisation possible across the board? Voluntary vs non voluntary schemes
• Overcoming measurement issues
• Distinguishing direct and indirect emissions
• What’s the future of carbon markets with sustained high prices?
• Is carbon emulating? A look at plastic markets
• Challenges and risks that many organisations face as a result of the renewable energy transition
• Identifying and managing financial risk as well as tracking the net position of a variety of portfolio level attributes (e.g., cash flow, MWh, renewable energy certificates, CO2, etc.)
• Complexity involved in the renewable energy transition: How particular organisations will be affected, and what can be done to mitigate uncertainty
• Geography disparities: How to close the gap in terms of regulations and policies?
• Unbalanced markets: How to encourage corporate buyers and what guarantees do they need?
• IPPs: Are PPAs the only route to market?
• Technology and PPAs: How much can you standardise?
• Cleaner than coal, is natural gas the bridging energy we’re looking for?
• Switching to gas powered plants: What are the obstacles? How can they be overcome?
• Regional approach: Where and how can gas be used? For what carbon saving and what cost?
• Hydrogen and other green molecules at the centre of the diversification strategy at European level
• Hydrogen pricing and duration of contracts: What would be the benchmark?
• Sellers and buyers critical mass: What are we looking at to create a functioning market place? Promotion of both production and consumption of hydrogen
• Where can investment on hydrogen come from? What part of the development does it need to go to?
• Forecasting and simulating PPA returns in practice
• Volume hedge, value hedge or optimal hedge?
• Stack-and-roll: how to design the strategy?
• Correlations between PPA returns across markets and assets
• Proxy hedging on the most liquid markets
• What are the batteries of the future?
• Battery project evaluation; What should you watch out for?
• How do you use batteries to optimise grid services and intraday positions and revenue?
• Local flexibility markets and batteries
• Battery warranties: What should you look for?
• What is the ideal battery duration?
Head of Gas & Power Trading Origination
SVP Market Analysis & Public Affairs
Head of Regulatory Affairs - Gas / Power & Environmental Products EMEA
Executive Vice Chair of the Board
EFET – European Federation of Energy Traders
Strategy & Business Development
Head of Sales & Structuring - Cross Commodity
Director of Analytics - EMEA
Hydrogen Business Model Lead - Low Carbon Solution
Head of Smart Grids & PPAs
Head of Division Market Surveillance
Federal Electricity Commission - ElCom
Senior Advisor - Public Affairs Directorate
International Gas Union - IGU
VP Energy Management
Net Zero Correspondent
Head of Unit of DG Energy - Energy Platform Task Force
Director - Market Integrity and Renewable Electricity
EFET – European Federation of Energy Traders
Hydrogen Strategy & Origination Associate
Solutions and Partnerships Manager
ENGIE Green Hydrogen
Chief Communications Officer
Expert Associate Partner
Senior Project Manager for Green and Digital Energy
Horváth & Partners
Founder & CEO
CEO & Co-founder
Senior Manager - Energy Transition
LNG MEDIA PARTNER
GOLD MEDIA PARTNERS