DESIGNED FOR BACK OFFICE AND TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONALS TO SHARE IDEAS AND BEST PRACTICES, FORM NEW PARTNERSHIPS, AND EXPAND THEIR NETWORKS
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Wholesale gas price signals key to achieve “physical balance"
- Supply to Europe ramped up rapidly (diverted from other regions)
- Gas prices causing significant demand reduction
• Tight LNG supply driving correlation of gas indices globally
- Additional LNG demand from Europe results in tight market
- Gas price indices globally increasingly ‘converging
• A look at the past 12 months price trends: Opportunities and struggles for the front office
• From an operational perspective: What has the tightness of prices revealed? Best practices around collateral management, risk management and settlement
• Technology: What can be done to unburden other departments?
• Price caps and governments intervention: What impact for the markets? How do we restore confidence in trading?
• Do we see a shift back to fossil due to the price situation?
How can security of supply be maintained in the context of sanctions on Russian gas?
- Does Europe have any alternatives to reliance on Russian gas?
- Is LNG the solution?
- Does gas still have a role to play in the energy transition?
• What might some of the long term implications be for energy markets from current high gas prices?
Post trade automation: What it is and where it’s going?
1. eSM; Current situation, changes, and road ahead
- What bilateral agreements can you do once your process is a bit more automated?
- Shortening the settlement cycle: Benefits, obstacles, and implementation roadmap
- Who will benefit from this implementation and interoperability?
- How do we move forward?
2. eCM; Current situation, changes, and road ahead
- Further automation & more innovation
- Interoperability and how you benefit from this
- Even wider adoption in the market
Towards full end-to-end post trade automation
Data you get: How actionable it is? What can you predict with it?
• How do you balance near-shore outsourcing and growing the back office teams?
• Taking the cost dimension out of the discussion
• Flexibility and velocity vs steady in-house expertise development
• What is the back office dream candidate? What’s the right balance between IT fondness and business understanding?
• How do you make back office a career of choice as opposed to a stepping stone to other departments? Examples of programmes
• Recruitment challenges in times of hybrid working
• How do you make sure losing people to other departments can benefit you?
Based on the registration survey, a selection of 2 process issues will be presented to leading experts. They will have a few minutes to identify the improvement areas, and present what they’d put in place to solve to the audience. Highly interactive.
In this section the audience will reflect on 3 topics. The structure will be the following:
15 minutes introductions
20 minutes of table discussions
25 minutes of feedback and take-aways on stage
The situations presented to the audience will facilitate discussions around key questions:
• Best practices in initial margin calls evaluation
• How can you optimise the amount you’re called for?
• How do you minimise the cash you need to set aside?
• In the context of very high margin calls, how do you guide the trading desk to minimise collateral requirement without compromising opportunities and revenue?
• Cost of trading on exchanges: Where do we see it going?
• Reacting to a sudden change in the markets: Check list for the energy trader
• Has clearing changed in light of the market volatility?
In this session, the presenter will go through the impact the energy crisis is having on companies that are very energy-dependent, covering various angles: material procurement challenges, supply chain issues, etc.
In this session, the audience will hear about Endesa’s journey to achieve more automation. Better understanding of the processes, communication with IT, and work organisation will be touched on as part of this very practical presentation.
• Back to manual tasks with PPAs: How can we standardise?
• How to adapt to the specificity of asset-based transactions?
• Ramping up LNG activities: Impact on operations
LNG MEDIA PARTNER
GOLD MEDIA PARTNERS
Partner & Expert in Energy & Commodities Business & Technology Transformation
Head of Regulatory Affairs - Gas / Power & Environmental Products EMEA
Head of Back Office
Head of Settlement Trading
Secretary of the Operation Committee
IT Business Analyst
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Head of Unit of DG Energy - Energy Platform Task Force
Executive Vice Chair of the Board
Managing Director Commodities & Global Markets (Futures)
Head of Trade Control & Settlements
Maersk Oil Trading and Investments AS
Head of Back Office Processes
Senior Project Manager for Green and Digital Energy
Horváth & Partners
Global Head of Quantitative and Analytical Solutions
Head of Exchanges - Clearing and Margining
Uniper Global Commodities SE
Headhunter / Executive Search
Commodity Trading Jobs
Head of Sales
Head of Division Market Surveillance
Federal Electricity Commission - ElCom
Lead Back Office Specialist
Expert in Energy & Commodities Trading Architecture & Strategy
EFET – European Federation of Energy Traders
Expert Associate Partner
Commodity Risk Manager
Head of Gas & Power Trading Origination
VP Back Office Europe & US
Head of Standardisation Workstream
EFET – European Federation of Energy Traders
Market Supervision Committee Manager