ETRC IN-PERSON IS ALL ABOUT NETWORKING AND INTERACTION – THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE PROFESSIONALS TO EXCHANGE IDEAS AND BEST PRACTICES, FORM NEW PARTNERSHIPS, AND EXPAND THEIR NETWORKS.
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Post-covid introspection: Is energy trading in 2021 different from what it was in 2019?
• What can we expect to see as a result of Brexit?
• European vs UK market design
• Key learnings from the pandemic experience
• Decarbonisation: How can we do better?
• Decentralisation: Local markets and beyond
• Digitalisation: Which new technologies should we feel excited about?
• What are the impacts and developments in the UK and Europe post-Brexit and Covid?
• The future view for energy trading
• Exploring wider areas and regions of interest for traders
• Ongoing Covid limitations and incorporation into the trading floor; expansion of virtual markets
• Market efficiency, reviews and reforms
• Network regulation & compliance
• Updates to TCLC (Transmission Constraint Licencing Condition)
• Latest issues around implementation and exemption
• Opinion on limits regime and management of the commodity derivatives markets
• A debate on the wider issues around MiFID critical contracts
• What’s next for MiFID II review, further legislative proposals & UK’s position?
Following the session, participants will be invited to join 20min audience wide roundtable group discussions on specific topics and in conclusion, the table leader will provide closing remarks.
• EU Remit vs UK remit: what do we need to know?
• Wholesale reading activity in the UK markets
• REMIT intersection with new trading technologies: Flex, Storage and VPP’s
A look at the numerous effects and results of UK/EU divergence around financial regulations and how they are processed and managed
• How are equivalence decisions made?
• What is the Brexit impact on EMIR, REMIT, MiFID and other reporting schemes? What other political issues are affecting the UK Exchanges’ business relationships from an international and European perspective?
• A look into critical contracts and position limits rules
• Overview of ancillary activities
• Ensuring brokers compliance with their wider ranging obligations - How could that impact market participants?
• A detailed look at UK ETS which has replaced the UK’s participation in the EU ETS post - Brexit and discuss any comparative differences
• Updates on UK’s carbon pricing policy
• Do we expect the EU to adapt its scheme?
• Trade surveillance technology deployment in energy markets: What’s your approach?
• Communication surveillance tools and best practices in the context of remote/hybrid workforces
• Where does surveillance overstep the mark and become an invasion of privacy?
• AI and other new technologies application to trade surveillance
• How to manage compliance culture moving forward with the hybrid home/office working model
• Managing compliance risks associated with remote working
• What is the regulators’ view of the hybrid model? How do you maintain and ensure good corporate compliance culture in this new world?
• How to remotely onboard new employees into the company compliance culture?
• A look at the latest tech tools to reduce disruption and improve productivity in remote work models
Head of Division Market Surveillance
Federal Electricity Commission - ElCom
Brokers & Exchange Relationship Manager - Trading Operations & Affairs
RWE Supply & Trading