LNG TRADING, HUBS & PRICE BENCHMARKS IN-PERSON GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISCUSS THE LATEST TRENDS FACE-TO-FACE WITH YOUR PEERS.
A NEW AND UNIQUE EVENT LOOKING AT THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN LNG PRICING ASSESSMENTS – LNG TRADING WILL PROVIDE ATTENDEES WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISCUSS AND LEARN ABOUT:
• Global LNG trade and the global pandemic: looking beyond Covid-19
• LNG trade & pricing in a commoditised world
• Who are the leaders in trading? In which markets?
• Supplier pressure in an increasingly competitive LNG market
• Carbon neutral LNG
• The path to short term trading
• The emergence of portfolio players, aggregators and other new participants: FSRU & FLNG owners, Gas to Power Developers etc.
• Do new players imply new risks?
• Impact of new players on LNG contracts & prices
• Is this the end of long-term contracts?
• Reexamining contract adjustment mechanisms: price review clauses
• Spot vs oil-indexed price differentials
• New LNG contract cocktails?
• Gas-on-gas indexation
• Financing perspective: can lenders adapt to short term contractual structures?
• Pressure on traditional contracts from new LNG buyers (China, Asia...)
• What is the story so far & what we can expect going forward?
• Why moving LNG trading online is important?
• Will the LNG follow the liquidity & transparency
Review of LNG Price Benchmarks
• Hub history: current hubs & where the next hub locations might be
• Hub checklist: requirements for a successful hub: storage, pipeline access, players, stage of gas market maturity
• Why hubs matter: benchmarks provide greater transparency and confidence for stakeholders
• Development of LNG derivatives market
• Overview of main Asia gas hubs
• Status of JKM (traded volumes, players, liquidity..)
• Will JKM remain the key Asian benchmark?
• Overview of European gas hubs
• Traded volumes, players & liquidity
• The reasons for TTF’s growth in status?
• Overview of main US hubs, and basis of price differentials
• Relation of Henry Hub to AECO (past, present and future) given US LNG and Canadian LNG project development
• Influence of HH on global prices
• Growth & significance of of “Waha” price index
• Is pipeline gas still the king benchmark in Europe?
• Infrastructure: storage capacity, import terminals showing signs of strain?
• Europe’s growing influence as a pricing benchmark
• Carbon prices in Europe impacting global LNG prices?
Influence of the U.S. gas market on gas price formation in Europe
Head of Energy Trading & Strategy
Northern Gas and Power
Global LNG Hub
Visiting Research Fellow
Senior Editor - Gas
Power and LNG
Baker Botts L.L.P.
Global Head of Biomass and LNG
Commercial and Regulatory Director
Hanseatic Energy Hub GmbH
LNG MEDIA PARTNER