LNG TRADING, HUBS & PRICE BENCHMARKS IN-PERSON GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISCUSS THE LATEST TRENDS FACE-TO-FACE WITH YOUR PEERS.
A NEW AND UNIQUE EVENT LOOKING AT THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN LNG PRICING ASSESSMENTS – LNG TRADING WILL PROVIDE ATTENDEES WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISCUSS AND LEARN ABOUT:
• Global LNG trade and the global pandemic: looking beyond Covid-19
• LNG trade & pricing in a commoditised world
• Who are the leaders in trading? In which markets?
• Supplier pressure in an increasingly competitive LNG market
• Carbon neutral LNG
• The path to short term trading
• The emergence of portfolio players, aggregators and other new participants: FSRU & FLNG owners, Gas to Power Developers etc.
• Do new players imply new risks?
• Impact of new players on LNG contracts & prices
• Is this the end of long-term contracts?
• Reexamining contract adjustment mechanisms: price review clauses
• Spot vs oil-indexed price differentials
• New LNG contract cocktails?
• Gas-on-gas indexation
• Financing perspective: can lenders adapt to short term contractual structures?
• Pressure on traditional contracts from new LNG buyers (China, Asia...)
• What is the story so far & what we can expect going forward?
• Why moving LNG trading online is important?
• Will the LNG follow the liquidity & transparency
Review of LNG Price Benchmarks
• Hub history: current hubs & where the next hub locations might be
• Hub checklist: requirements for a successful hub: storage, pipeline access, players, stage of gas market maturity
• Why hubs matter: benchmarks provide greater transparency and confidence for stakeholders
• Development of LNG derivatives market
• Overview of main Asia gas hubs
• Status of JKM (traded volumes, players, liquidity..)
• Will JKM remain the key Asian benchmark?
• Overview of European gas hubs
• Traded volumes, players & liquidity
• The reasons for TTF’s growth in status?
• Overview of main US hubs, and basis of price differentials
• Relation of Henry Hub to AECO (past, present and future) given US LNG and Canadian LNG project development
• Influence of HH on global prices
• Growth & significance of of “Waha” price index
The unhappy bride: Europe’s role as a destination of last resort
• European Gas Market position on the global scale
• Europe’s growing influence as a pricing benchmark
• What is the impact of decarbonisation on future gas imports?
• Carbon prices in Europe impacting global LNG prices?
• LNG vs Pipeline Gas
• Is pipeline gas still the king benchmark in Europe?
• How much pressure can Russian pipeline gas exert on U.S LNG?
• Infrastructure: storage capacity, import terminals showing signs of strain?
• US Gas & EU Gas Prices
• U.S. support of European LNG import terminals
• Outlook for U.S. LNG exports to Europe
• Outlook for U.S LNG exports to Asia - implications for Europe
• LNG freight: the vital link
• Development of short-term shipping market
• LNG freight indices / FFA’s
• Managing LNG freight risk
• Building sustainable LNG supply chains
•LNG new build carriers & procurement
• LNG freight pricing: impact on LNG flows
• Shipping fleet supply/demand spread
• Floating storage & market contango opportunities
• Opportunities with small scale LNG developments
LNG MEDIA PARTNER