FOCUSING ON KEY TOPICS FOR FRONT OFFICE PROFESSIONALS, INCLUDING:
• The Fit for 55 package and the role of trading in decarbonising economies.
• Trading challenges for the UK market
• What are the impacts and developments in the UK and Europe post-Brexit and Covid?
• The future view for energy trading
• Exploring wider areas and regions of interest for traders
• Ongoing Covid limitations and incorporation into the trading floor; expansion of virtual markets
• 21/22 winter outlook and market impact scenarios
• Predicting the unpredictable: impact on renewables
• Optimising your forecasting solutions and strategies
• AI’s future role within forecasting
• With the increased use of Algo trading, is technical analysis still relevant?
• Is liquidity too low in energy and commodity markets for technical analysis to be efficient? Does it work enough so that it MUST be used?
• Top technical analysts comment on your markets – The panellists want your suggestions
• From soft skill to edge builder: Mindset optimisation tactics and techniques for traders
• Mental gymnastics to upgrade your trading performance
• Deep dive into trading psychology
• A holistic approach to mindset focus and mental, emotional and behavioural challenges
• Algorithmic trading trends across multiple commodities and markets
• A deeper look into technology applications
• The different ways Algo has been used in trades and how it delivers benefit, value and profit
• AI/Algo – what are the benefits and risks in a man vs machine environment? Where should the machine end and man start?
• Technology chasing a business case? Or the next technological revolution for energy trading?
• Use cases in trade analytics
• Applying AI to automation – from RPA to algo trading
• Mitigating risk and supporting compliance via AI
• ESG Investment trends: how is it impacting trading firms?
• What are the key ESG linked trading opportunities?
• Market structural effects to pick up on environmental exposure of risky commodities
• New product markets and how do you participate in these new markets (green/blue gas, voluntary carbon markets, etc.)
• Existing markets (oil and heavy products) will still exist, how does the energy market expect to accommodate and still meet ESG exposure mitigation targets?
• What is the future impact of hydrogen on the markets?
Executive Vice Chair of the Board
Head of Smart Grids & PPAs
Head of Trading
Systematic futures trader and author
CEO and Co-founder
Strategic Projects Manager
Octopus Energy Generation
UK Power Specialist