FOCUSING ON KEY TOPICS FOR FRONT OFFICE PROFESSIONALS SO THAT THEY CAN OPTIMISE THEIR TRADING, INCLUDING:
• The weight of the war on Ukraine: How will prices evolve?
• Weather forecast: What’s winter looking like? Influence on prices
• What sort of energy mix are we looking at? How is the growing role of renewables impacting traditional products prices?
In this session, Chris and Simone will discuss Falck’s strategy to access markets and manage exposures, as well as how technology enables their innovative operating system to work efficiently.
• Technical analysis in extreme market conditions: Is there such a thing as ideal conditions for technical analysis to be relevant?
• How can charts deal with these volatility changes? Methods you can use
• Our expert analysts on current markets
• Market phases to consider for wholesales optimisation
• The impact of battery system sizing on trading performance
• How market liquidity and volatility determine wholesales revenues
• Distribution of capacity across different optimisation channels
• Considering operational aspects as part of commercial optimisation
• How do you roll out algorithmic trading without fancy AI tools?
• What are the cheap tools you need?
• What are the models you can start off with?
• Once established, how do you upgrade your set-up?
Algo trading is being implemented in many companies, but there are still areas where humans have to call the shots and the right answer isn’t obvious. This session will allow anyone involved in such activities to get a sense of what others are doing and what the best practices are in that field.
After a brief introduction by the presenters, the audience will get a chance to reflect on a few questions posed by the presenters for 30 minutes. One of them will be:
An algorithm did great in backtesting, but the first day in production was devastating. What do you do, when do you stop?
The other questions to reflect on will be chosen by the audience itself via the voting function, out of suggestions by the presenters.
The remaining time will be dedicated to sharing findings from table discussions for the benefit of the entire audience, and with the guidance and support of the presenters.
LNG MEDIA PARTNER
GOLD MEDIA PARTNERS
Head of Global Market Analytics and Algorithmic Trading Department
Falck Next Energy UK Branch
Head of Algorithmic Energy Management and Analysis
Team Manager Trading
CEO & Co-Founder
Business Lead / Energy – Short-term Power Trading
Chief Economist & Global Strategist
Head of Southern Europe Origination
Centrica Energy Marketing & Trading
BETA Financial Limited
Chief Technical Analyst
Head of Technical Analysis & Senior Markets Analyst
ADM Investor Services International Ltd.
CEO & Co-founder
Managing Director Gas Trading
Uniper Global Commodities
Head of Energy Trading & Strategy
Northern Gas and Power